TERMS & CONDITIONS
Membership management services provided by GymWorks firstname.lastname@example.org
GymWorks, Aviation House, Euxton Lane, Euxton Lancashire, PR76TE
- This agreement is an agreement between you, us (GymWorks) and Stripe the payment collection services. This agreement commences once you have indicated your acceptance in the Declaration section of this web sign up process. If you did not sign up on the club’s premises you have 14 full days after signup to cancel this agreement for any reason. To exercise this right you must inform the club of this by post or email using the details above. You can use the cancellation form on page 2 of this document but it is not obligatory. If you exercise this right to cancel we will reimburse you all joining and membership fee payments received from you using the same means of payment you used for the initial transaction. If you have used the service before requesting to cancel then we will reduce your membership fee refund by a pro rata amount equal to the number of days from signup to the date cancellation was requested. The 14 day money back guarantee is only applicable with the 12 month contracted membership at £19.99 per month. This is not available on the non contract or annual upfront options.
- Your membership starts immediately.
- You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercisable for the Type of Membership chosen, subject to your timely payment of the fees and charges set out below and the successful processing of your payment instruction.
- Stripe provides payment services to you and administers our agreement with you, in consideration for which you agree to pay all the fees and charges associated with your Membership.
FEES AND CHARGES
- The Joining Fee / Initial Payment is due and payable immediately on execution of the agreement and is not refundable other than in the event of breach or negligence by us or on the valid exercise of your statutory cancellation rights, as set out in the Principle Terms above.
- Membership is £199 per annum. If you choose to pay this monthly the cost is £19.99 per month, this includes a finance charge of £3.41 per month
Your obligations to Stripe / GymWorks include payment of the set monthly Payment Amount. You are obligated to make the “Minimum No. of 12 Payments” on the 12 full month payment membership. The first one being paid on the 1 Payment Date and then every month thereafter. You are obligated to make every Payment regardless of non attendance, except where the Agreement is cancelled in accordance with the cancellation terms below or under your statutory cancellation rights, as set out in the Principle Terms above.
- If you fail to pay any monies due under this agreement or if any payment is returned unpaid or any cheque is returned unpaid or if any other form of payment is not honoured for whatever reason, you shall pay Stripe on demand (i) an initial administration fee of £25; and (ii) any and all further reasonable costs incurred by Stripe in recovering the due fees and charges from you, including costs in tracing you if you have changed your address without telling us. Stripe’ right to recover these fees and costs shall be in addition to and without limitation of our rights or those of Stripe which may exist not with standing the terms of our Agreement.
- You agree to advise us promptly of any change to the Members Details provided.
- If you fail to pay any amount due under this agreement for a period of more than thirty days,
then we may pass the debt to a third party company for collection. In addition to any costs and charges Stripe may be entitled to under clause 7, the reasonable and direct costs incurred in employing the third party company will be borne by you, including costs in tracing you if you have changed your address without telling us.
- Once you have completed the Minimum number of Payments we will automatically continue collecting the Payment Amount every month. You have the option at this point to pay your membership in one payment of £199 or continue by paying monthly, including the finance charge of £3.41.
Your membership will be extended by one month for each payment (“Renewal Period”). This renewal payment amount may only be amended if we advise you in writing giving not less than 1 full calendar months notice. Please note if your membership included the benefit of a free period then we will stop making collections during that free period and recommence making collections on the renewal date. This notice period applies to all membership options.
- You may prevent the Automatic Renewal at any time by giving written 1 full calendar months notice either by post or email to the above details. When the final minimum period payment has been taken you should also cancel your payments with your bank.
- Once you have completed the Minimum Number of payments you can cancel your Automatic Renewal payments by providing us with 1 full calendar months notice in writing either by post or email to the details above). After the final payment has been taken you should also cancel your payments directly with your bank.
- Relocation: This agreement can be cancelled in the event that your new permanent address is more than 15 miles away from the facility upon receipt of a copy utility bill or bank statement showing the new address.
- Long term (over 3 month) illness or injury: This agreement may be cancelled in the event of an illness, injury or medical condition which in the written opinion of a doctor or other suitably qualified medical practitioner prohibits exercise for 3 months or longer upon appropriate proof being provided.
- Redundancy: This agreement can be cancelled upon appropriate proof of redundancy from your employer or other loss of livelihood.
- Pregnancy: This agreement can be cancelled if you become pregnant upon the appropriate written proof being given.
Please note – ANY Cancellation for the above reasons will not be effected until the appropriate proof is provided and received (in writing or via email) by the Club.
- Breach: This agreement can be cancelled if we are in breach of contract including if we do not provide facilities or services you may reasonably expect and we have fallen well below that standard.
- Temporary Illness or Injury: This agreement may be frozen in the event of a temporary illness, injury or medical condition which in the written opinion of a doctor or other suitably qualified medical practitioner prohibits exercise for a period of time.
Please note – ANY Freeze will not be affected until the appropriate proof is provided and received (in writing or via email) by the Club. Please note – A freeze period does not affect the Minimum No. of Payments you are due to make and any payments remaining at the time of the freeze will remain due and recommence on a monthly basis once the freeze period has completed.
- You agree to comply with the Rules of Membership, which are displayed prominently in the Club and relate to opening hours, use of facilities and your conduct. We may make reasonable changes to these Rules at any time provided we give you reasonable advance notice of the change.
- If we take no action or let you off any breach of this agreement or give you extra time to pay or comply, it will not stop us enforcing the terms of this agreement strictly at a future date.
- We may assign the benefit of this agreement and our rights thereunder to a third party on notice to you. Your rights under this agreement will not be prejudiced. You may transfer your membership to another person provided that such person pay a Joining Fee signs an agreement with us and accepts the balance of any remaining Minimum No. of Payments.
- We will do our best to resolve any disputes over this agreement. If you wish to take court proceedings against us you must do so within the United Kingdom. Relevant UK law will apply.
- If any part of this agreement is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply
- We may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notice to you if you are in breach of the Clubs Rules (i.e. Stealing or other criminal activities within the facility). In this event you will not be liable to pay any further Payments, provided such breach is not deemed by us to have occurred primarily in order to qualify you for a refund.